}

30 October 2015

My Routine For Silky, Smooth Hair

Hello peeps :)
Hope you're all having a lovely week.
Today I really wanted to write about something I'm obsessed with and those who know me well, are more than aware of my crazy mind when it comes to hair. 

I have natural brown, short, straight hair with bleached ends. It's not damaged but I get really dry locks with oily strands at the roots. That's why I love to have my hair hydrated and smooth with as little washing as possible. The routine I currently have seems to work quite well so I thought it's about time to share it. Here's what I use on regular basis; 


Washing

I don't really have arranged hair wash days. They usually depend on whether I'm staying in or going out and what days I work-out on. But in general, I like to refresh my hair after every work-out with a no sulfate shampoo (Yves Rocher Low Sham-Poo), and then when my hair gets really bad, it just won't pass, I use the OGX Coconut Water Weightless Hydration, approx. twice a week. 

My method to it is very simple; I apply a walnut sized bead, massage into my hands and gently wash my hair, twice! I then move on with the TreSemme 24Hr Body conditioner (which is amaze balls at softening), hold on for 5 mins and rinse with cold water. 

Pre & Post Wash

Once a week, Sundays for me, I like to rub in some coconut oil into the ends of my hair, around two hours before wash for extra hydration.

 I also prepare green tea in a bowl, using old, used tea bags. I let it brew and cool down and rinse my hair with the mixture at the end of my shower (I leave this on, without rinsing with water!) This is very good to hydrate the scalp, prevent dandruff and hair loss as well as improve their growth. 

After every single wash, while my hair is still wet, I apply one squish of Pantene Split End Serum and allow them to dry naturally. 

Styling 

I am so not bothered when it comes to styling. My usual hair look is naturally loose or some messy up-do. However, I do like to straighten my hair from time to time and for this I obviously use heat protection (TreSemme Heat Defence- which I really love!)

If by any chance I can't be bothered with hair wash but I want my hair to look fresh, I use the Herbal Essence Dry Shampoo and always tie my hair back.

Other points I follow:
  • Brush at least as possible and never do so when hair is wet!
  •  Use low heat when blow drying
  • Blow dry upside down for extra volume
  • Avoid excessive use of salt sprays, hair sprays and dry shampoos
  • Shake my hair out, up and down after wash to create volume
  • Eat my veggies, protein, drink green tea and exercise  
  • When going through hair crisis (usually during spring) I do take extra vitamins for strength.

Do you use any of these? If so, how do you find them? Any other tips on good hair care? :) Reply down in the comments and have a super lovely day! 

Love,
-k,

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I have dandruff in my hair and that causes my scalp to itch. I'll try the green tea for hair.
    wendeeisaacs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should definitely try and see how it works for you :)

      Delete
  2. I bought the herbal essences dry shampoo couple months ago and i wasn't really loving it at the time, but now i can't live without it !! :D haha

    https://weronikadabek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that all the time with beauty products! :D haha

      Delete
  3. I love this post <3 Really need to upgrade my hair products. Love your blog xxx
    Fab Daisy 11 - http://fabdaisy11.blogspot.com.mt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it means a lot and I'm glad you liked it :) have a nice day ^-^

      Delete
  4. I love the OGX brand as well but I haven't tried the Coconut Water products yet, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first time using it and I'm really enjoying it so you should definitely try it out too :D

      Delete
  5. Great tips! I love using coconut oil on my hair, it works wonders! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tips! definitely going to have to try some out!


    love, rach.
    So, hi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard about the green tea trick! I'm definitely going to try it out!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not many have heard about it which surprises me as I myself found that almost everywhere I read about hair!

      Cool, let me know how it works for you :D

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. All your opinions and thoughts are super highly appreciated so let me know what you're thinking in the comments :)